Serving the Scientific Community Since 1956

Regis Technologies, Inc. has a long history of serving the life science industry. Since our opening in 1956, Regis has earned a worldwide reputation for excellence in chromatography products and its capability to synthesize complex molecules for the pharmaceutical industry. Few companies can claim this long standing history of success and innovation while continuing to grow into the future.

As an innovator, Regis initially concentrated on custom synthetic chemistry for the emerging field of psychopharmacology. Later we moved into gas and liquid chromatography, and more recently developed expertise in synthesizing drugs for all stages of drug development. Today, Regis serves startup biotechnology companies and large, multi-national pharmaceutical corporations helping to expedite new drugs to market.

At Regis we continue to enjoy grow by providing expanded services for drug development, including process research, analytical method development, scale-up, validation, stability studies, and commercialization. Now, with a dedicated staff and a new Synthetic Research Laboratory wing, we continue to broaden our capacity to serve the pharmaceutical industry.

  • 1956

    Regis Chemical Company was founded on North Wells Street, initially synthesizing indole compounds for pharmaceutical research. The family-run business was based on the values of Louis Glunz I, who started a family enterprise dedicated to innovation, customer service, quality and a commitment to community.
  • 1959

    Awarded first contract with NIH; began an era of government research contracts.
  • 1965

    Relocated to North Franklin Street with expanded synthetic capabilities.
  • 1966

    Began to provide chromatography products for customers around the world. First product was a reagent kit for analyzing natural protein amino acids by gas chromatography (GC) for the first time. The line of derivatization reagents has since expanded into a full line of derivatization products built around our flagship silylation reagent: Regisil®.
  • 1970

    Began to develop and offer HPLC columns and packings when Dr. John Perry joined Regis.
  • 1972

    Moved to Morton Grove and began offering chiral chromatography columns. Working with Dr. Pirkle of the University of Illinois, Regis developed and marketed a line of Pirkle Concept HPLC columns and packings. These chiral columns continue to offer advantages in efficiency, stability, and the useful advantage of reversing enantiomer elution.
  • 1986

    The University of Purdue’s Tom Pinkerton developed Restricted Access Media (RAM) columns to permit the direct injection of serum for drug analyses.
  • 1988

    The University of Purdue’s Dr. Charles Pidgeon developed Immobilized Artificial Membrane (IAM) columns to enable the prediction of drug membrane permeability.
  • 1993

    Changed name to Regis Technologies, Inc., reflective of products and services we provide; made commitment to FDA’s Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
  • 1995

    Manufactured clinical trial supplies of Viracept, a market leader among HIV Protease Inhibitor drugs.
  • 1998

    Opened a new GMP Production plant at the Morton Grove facility with isolated reactor bays.
  • 2002

    Doubled Morton Grove facility through adjacent warehouse acquisition.
  • 2006

    Celebrates 50 years of service to government, university research laboratories, pharmaceutical manufacturers; opens a new Synthetic Research Wing.

    New chemical research wing is opened with laboratories, adjoining offices, and conference rooms.
  • 2007

    Regis adds Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) services to its stable of separation capabilities. This environmentally friendly technique, using liquid CO² as the primary mobile phase, is being applied at Regis in kilo quantity separations, following the GMP guidelines of the FDA.
  • 2008

    A new analytical center is opened. The facility includes laboratories, offices, company meeting rooms and locker rooms. Instrumentation is expanded to include NMR,
    GC-MS, and HPLC-MS.

    Regis opens a new Analytical Method Development and Quality Control laboratory. The expansion at the existing site adds 8,000 square feet of new laboratory space, and includes a 400 MHz Bruker NMR.
  • 2010

    Regis installs new Syspro ERP system and Unipoint Quality Management System.
  • 2011

    Regis installs GL Filtration contained Filter Drier to allow our chemists to work with more potent compounds.
  • 2012

    Regis installs Chromeleon software to contol laboratory instruments.
  • 2014

    Regis installs a Vapourtec Flow Chemistry System.
  • 2015

    Regis qualifies Potent Compound Sites (PCS) for contained synthesis of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs).
  • 2016

    Regis celebrates its 60th anniversary. Loyola University honors Regis Technologies as the Illinois Family Business of the Year in the medium category (50-250 employees). Regis built a new HPAPI production facility, for a total of 9 cMPG kilo suites.
  • 2017

    Regis installs Waters Xevo G2-XS QTof quadrupole Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer. Regis installs Thermo ICP/MS.
  • 2018

    Regis installs Shimadzu Nexara UC SFC/HPLC instrument.
  • 2020

    Regis adds new state-of-the-art laboratories to advance our efforts in Process Development, Analytical and Solid State Chemistry.